Marvellous May



May beckoned the start of rehearsals for my directing debut in Adelaide, Tom Holloway’s play And No More Shall We Part (pictured film still of Jacqui Phillips  & Peter Green) .  The pressure has been on to do a good job as many people have committed to working with me in the future without actually seeing my work. This is going to be their first time! Scary stuff!

In good old Yasmin fashion, where I never do anything by halves, we ended up shooting 30 minutes of film footage for the play over the space of 3 days. I have been told that 5 minutes per day filming is the norm, so our 30 minutes in 3 days has been a bit of a feat. On the last day we did end up filming until 2am in the morning!

I must say that the team has been outstanding, going above and beyond the call of duty. Special mention has to be given to Gareth Wilkes (pictured left with me) who came in specially to help with the film and who ended up being a bit of a one man bandit, pretty much doing everything with the support of my creative team as and when we could. Gareth’s commitment and optimism really was inspirational. He is in the process of editing the film as I type and I cannot wait to see it and start working with it in rehearsals with the cast next week.

Other news Foul Play received its incorporation certificate this month which means that it is a legal entity now and we also have a producer attached to the Macbeth Project, Manda Webber who I know is going to do a fantastic job. Exciting times are afoot!