1st Anniversary



The wonderful cast and crew from The Web
I have been in Adelaide for just over a year now and in that time I have directed 2 shows, worked on one script development and co-founded the Directors Collective of South Australia. No wonder I feel so exhausted!

My most recent show was Kate Mulvany’s The Web which I directed for Bakehouse Theatre Company. This time the show seemed a bit like Vegemite, it appeared that the audience either loved it or hated it! Joking aside, it did polarise the audience which was a new experience for me.  Again, I had a great time working with the actors.

Here are a couple of snippets from the press:



‘While Mulvaney’s script is excellent, it is Yasmin Gurreeboo’s direction that makes this production immensely riveting and intriguing. Her blocking and moving of the show is quirky and wonderfully unusual; and her idea of turning the actors into her ‘puppets’ and manipulating them (especially in scene changes) is sheer genius.’ Brian Godfrey Adelaide Theatre Guide

‘Yasmin Gurreeboo, whose debut as director for this company, with And No More Shall We Part, was a triumph. This time she has created a gripping, powerful drama involving two teenage boys and a lot of psychological mind play that, ultimately, leads to tragic consequences…Gurreeboo has elicited two excellent performances but, more importantly a complex and constantly changing relationship that always makes sense.’ Barry Lenny, Broadway World

Full reviews can be found here 

Next up I will be directing an all female and all male ensemble who will perform the same production of Macbeth alternately.  This is definitely going to be my biggest challenge to date. Watch this space!